Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Wedding Bells have chimed!

Well, now that all the wedding nonsense is over and done with, we can get back to reality. The final days leading up to the wedding were a big blur. So much to do and not nearly enough time. The day Julie arrived, we made it a point to simply pamper ourselves. We knew that once the wedding stuff started, that would be it. So, we got our nails done, pedicures and went to the spa. It was wonderful to spend time with her, just the two of us.

Thursday was a whole different story. We drove to my mom's first thing in the morning and got started on the last minute to-do list. Little things like folding the programs and stuffing the place-card holders. Then Thursday evening my girls (most of them) took me out for an awesome bachelorette party! We had soooo much fun!

Friday was a whirlwind. I really have no idea how people get married in the morning. Our wedding was at 7pm and we STILL didn't get everything done! In terms of the ceremony, just about everything that could have gone wrong, did. But, all in all it was a gorgeous ceremony and we were so lost in each other that we hardly noticed.

The reception was held in my parents' back yard and was perfect. All went off without a hitch and everyone had a great time! We received many very generous gifts and enjoyed the company of all our family and friends.

Saturday we headed home to take Julie to the airport and then headed to Palm Springs. It wasn't a honeymoon...we'll be taking that next year. But we got a little getaway. Had a great time and I even got a massage.

Today is my last day off of work...really makes me sad. I love my job, but I can't wait to be home with my family more. Pictures of the wedding are coming, as soon as we receive them.

No comments:

Post a Comment