Sunday, December 4, 2011

Trying to find my groove

It has been a full 4 months since we moved to my mom's, and to say I've been in a funk would be a gross understatement. I just couldn't seem to find my stride with cleaning and taking care of 3 kids. I cooked nightly as a way to earn my keep, but spent most of my time on the computer and/or watching TV while keeping half an eye on my kids in the next room. When Jordan started school, things did improve. I had a few hours 2 days a week to get stuff done. Logan is easily entertained by Blues Clues, so I was able to accomplish some stuff at home. Or I could go to the store, which is FAR easier with only 2 kids. Adding in that 3rd body, who argues over everything and fights with his younger brother, creates chaos.

Then a couple weeks ago I started my new "chore chart". My tasks are broken down into only a couple things each day throughout the week. Then the big tasks are split up into a couple items per week and done once a month. So far so good! Our rooms and bathroom have stayed very clean and I feel better just by being productive. And this system allows for a missed day...whether for laziness or absence...because it's easy to play catch up when you only have to add an extra 1 or 2 things. Hopefully I can stay on track, and transfer this system to our own home someday soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment